Applications are now open for college students! Please submit your information by following the link below. We will review and respond within the next week.
Greenwood believes that the best part of an internship is that it teaches a young person about a specific industry and company. Investing in internships help students succeed in their first job and sets them up for long-term career success, extending the value of their college degree.
The internship program is an intensive ten-week program culminating with a shark tank style pitch competition and funded brokerage account. Greenwood Scholars also participate in lunch and learn sessions with various employers in Chicago; visit NYC for an annual Wall Street Tour; and participate in other industry relevant events.
Greenwood’s Summer Internship Program combines three weeks of academic instruction followed by seven weeks of real-world experience at a leading financial firm. It is intensive, immersive and an incredible opportunity to explore a career in finance and investment as part of a supportive community.
Applicants must be in attendance for the entire length of the program in order to be considered.
- The internship program runs May through August.
- Training workshops educate Scholars on all facets of the professional world from how to dress and speak to building a professional resume.
- Continuing education helps Scholars attain domain knowledge in the finance industry.
- Corporate partners, with Greenwood’s guidance, develop detailed work programs for the Scholar to maximize the effectiveness of their time with the partner.
- Scholars shadow specific employees and develop a mentor-mentee relationship that has, thus far, lasted well beyond the internship.
- Scholars make a final presentation to Greenwood staff demonstrating what they’ve learned in their internship.
2020 Internship Timeline
- November: Application open
- January 27, 2020: Deadline
- May - June: Internship training program in progress
- July to Aug: Internships in progress