Greenwood believes that the best part of an internship is that it teaches a young person about a specific industry and company. Investing in internships help students succeed in their first job and sets them up for long-term career success, extending the value of their college degree.
- The internship program runs June through August.
- Training workshops educate Scholars on all facets of the professional world from how to dress and speak to building a professional resume.
- Continuing education helps Scholars attain domain knowledge in the finance industry.
- Corporate partners, with Greenwood’s guidance, develop detailed work programs for the Scholar to maximize the effectiveness of their time with the partner.
- Scholars shadow specific employees and develop a mentor-mentee relationship that has, thus far, lasted well beyond the internship.
- Scholars make a final presentation to Greenwood staff demonstrating what they’ve learned in their internship.
2019 Internship Timeline
- September 19, 2018: Application Open
- November 5, 2018: Application Deadline
- May 28-31: Orientation week at DePaul Loop Campus
- June 3, 2019: Start of Internship
- Aug 9, 2019: End of Internship