Greenwood Project will be launching a 6-week Fintech camp for ten (10) HS rising juniors and seniors to teach them how to code for a career in Fintech. This program will be a mix of lab/classroom work and experiential learning.
All of Greenwood’s programs are offered to our students at no cost given their socio-economic background.
Audience: HS Juniors & Seniors (no coding experience necessary) Min GPA: 3.0 (students must have an interest in STEM/coding) Schedule: July 1 - August 8 | Mon to Thurs. 9:00am - 2:00pm Location: Loop - Downtown Chicago Compensation: $600 Stipend Attire: Greenwood Project attire provided Transportation: CTA passes provided
- Greenwood structured “Learning how to code” curriculum specifically designed for HS students.
- 20 total hours per week (Mon-Thurs, 9am-2pm)
- 10 hours of lab time with an instructor each week at DePaul University Loop campus.
- 10 hours of experiential learning each week with software developers from partnering firms.
- Students will be working towards a capstone project with a demo day at the end of the program.
- Students will participate in the Greenwood Project’s soft skills and professional development workshops.
Professional Development Workshops:
- Building your brand
- Networking Tips
- Resume workshop & Mock interviews
- Leadership & Teamwork
- Dressing for Success
- Financial Literacy (Credit, Student Loans, Banking, Investing)
- Public Speaking
- Verbal and Written Communication
- Presentation Skills
- Social Media Etiquette
- Exploring Careers in Financial Services and STEM